FPTR Announces Special Awards and Schools Elevated to Philanthropy Circle
With the conclusion of the 2020-2021 VCU-Marquette Challenge, the Foundation for Physical Therapy Research announced LIVE the winners. Over 120 schools rose to the Challenge Like No Other and successfully raised a cumulative $326,178 for physical therapy research.
The Foundation for Physical Therapy Research (FPTR) recently held its 2021 Awards Celebration ceremony and announced that Virginia Commonwealth University took top honors in the student-led Marquette Challenge, earning co-hosting and naming rights for the upcoming 2021-2022 Challenge.
FPTR also recognized several schools for their continued commitment and ingenuity in raising funds for physical therapy research amidst a pandemic. Physical therapy and physical therapy assistant students from 122 schools across the United States participated in the most recent Challenge, a Challenge Like No Other, raising a cumulative $326,178 for physical therapy research.
The following schools won special awards in this year’s challenge:
- The school to win “Best to Rise to the Challenge” award was New York University.
- The school to win “Most Successful PTA School” was Somerset Community College.
- The school to win “Most Creative Fundraiser” was Washington University in St. Louis.
- The school to win “Best Effort to Raise over $1k” was MGH Institute of Health Professions.
Additionally, FPTR announced the schools that would join the Marquette Challenge Philanthropy Circle. This prestigious honor is given to schools with cumulative fundraising of $50,000 or more and exceptional participation of at least ten years.
- Joining the Crest Society, having raised more than $400,000, is Marquette University.
- Joining the Champion Society, having raised more than $300,000, is Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Joining the Challenge Society, having raised more than $100,000, is New York University.
- Joining the Cornerstone Society, having raised more than $50,000, is The Ohio State University.
Since 1989, PT and PTA students have raised more than $4.5 million for research. Funds raised through the Challenge go towards physical therapy research grants and scholarships and support the rigorous scientific review process that helps FPTR identify the most promising new investigators.
Get an early start on the 2021-2022 VCU-Marquette Challenge today!
Use this form to sign up for the Foundation for Physical Therapy Research monthly newsletter.